software. The EFI stand also shows the enhanced EFI™Jetrion® 4950lxe LED inkjet narrow-web press with white ink, driven by advanced EFI Fiery® digital front ends (DFEs) for digital label production.
"EFI's products - including inkjet printers for short- to medium-run digital label and packaging and production, Fiery DFEs, and EFI's industry-leading offering of packaging MIS/ERP software - give converters the tools they need to simplify workflows, collaborate quickly, and focus on profitability," said Paul Cripps, EFI Vice President of Sales, EMEA Operations.
Automation advancements for converting workflows
The new version 5 of the EFI Packaging Suite gives label and packaging converters comprehensive business and production workflows that increase enterprise-wide profitability. The Suite, which features EFI Radius® as its core ERP software, includes workflow enhancements in estimating, job planning and shop floor data collection, as well as new digital print workflows and additional tools that enhance user productivity and collaboration.
Other new Packaging Suite workflow enhancements include:
• Online packaging procurement with EFI Digital StoreFront® web-to-print software
• Automated planning optimisation with EFI Metrix software
• Global resource scheduling with EFI PrintFlow® software
• Dynamic, rich multi-channel marketing campaigns with EFI DirectSmile software
• Centralised, role-based productivity widgets with the Suite's Productivity Workbench, winner of a top print technology honour in North America, the 2017 Must See 'Ems Award
• Simplified, highly accurate estimating and planning with another 2017 Must See 'Ems Award winner, EFI iQuote software for folding carton and label production.
EFI's label and packing workflow component technologies are available as a suite or as standalone software for converting operations.
Versatility and quality with low-migration inks and high-end imaging
EFI's highly productive Jetrion 4950lxe LED inkjet narrow-web digital label press helps customers create new opportunities with its expanded capabilities. Converters can extend their food-packaging applications into digital label production thanks to the press's new low-migration ink for non-food-contact surface production. The press also offers higher-end imaging, plus users can achieve increased durability and gloss level control using EFI Armor UVF and UVR coatings.
This Jetrion press offers extended versatility as it includes media compatibility profiles for a broader range of label stocks, including Avery Dennison® substrates used for durable labels and wine applications.
Optional in-line finishing equipment available from EFI make Jetrion one of the only digital press brands that enables users to take in blank substrate rolls on one end and receive complete, die-cut, slit and back-scored rolls at the other.
For more information about EFI products on display at Labelexpo Europe, visit http://www.efi.com.